The Good Stuff:
- Wilfredo Tovar singled home Mike Baxter early in the top of the 2nd, then three batters later, Daniel Murphy worked a ten-pitch at-bat off Leake before blasting a home run to right field, his 13th of the season. David Wright's single on the next at-bat chased Leake from the game and all but guaranteed a Mets W for the night.
- The guarantee was backed up by Jon Niese's Solid Seven, as he allowed two runs on eight hits, walking one and striking out six on 113 pitches.
- Shin-Soo Choo may have been the hero last night, but his hubris was no match for Juan Lagares's arm in the bottom of the 1st: Lagares threw Choo out at the plate for his 13th outfield assist of the season and 12th as a center fielder.
- Eric Young stole a base tonight, and Billy Hamilton did not.
- Scott Atchison and Vic Black each pitched 1-2-3 innings in the 8th and 9th as Black picked up the first save of his career.
- Lucas Duda went 0-3 and struck out twice.
Jon Niese and Daniel Murphy will likely at least be considered as trade chips this offseason, but when they come together like that it's hard to imagine the Mets without them. Good job, boys.