Ryan Zimmerman's home run broke the scoreless tie in the 6th and Zack Wheeler lost his pitchers' duel to Dan Haren as the Mets lost to the Nationals 3-0.
The Bad Stuff:
- New York was limited to three singles and a walk against Haren and company.
- Vic Black surrendered two runs during his relief appearance in the 8th.
- Ruben Tejada went 0-3 in his "much"-anticipated return to the lineup. Ryan Zimmerman robbed Tejada of what would've been a double with a diving stop in the 3rd inning.
- Zack Wheeler was great in a hard-luck loss, allowing one run on eight hits in seven innings, walking one and striking out six on 101 pitches.
- Juan Lagares had two of the Mets' three hits on the night and stole his sixth base of the year.
- Josh Satin had both the other hit and the walk.
Hey, it was triple our output from Monday night! Gotta look for the little things. In this case, the miniscule things you can only see with a microscope that makes everything look the size of Mr. Met's head.