Home runs by Andrew Brown and Lucas Duda(!) backed Dillon Gee's steady-as-she-goes outing as the Mets salvaged the final game from the Braves 5-2.
The Good Stuff:
- Dillon Gee turned in a Solid Seven with a run and five hits against, walking one and striking out five on 102 pitches.
- Andrew Brown gave Gee an early lead with a towering two-run homer in the 1st inning.
- Lucas Duda homered in the 3rd, one of his three hits on the day to make it his best game since returning to the lineup.
- Daniel Murphy and Justin Turner had two hits and a run each.
- Vic Black didn't impress in his New York debut, surrendering a solo home run to Freddie Freeman in the bottom of the 8th to give Atlanta some semblance of life.
It has gotten to the point where the Mets don't have to worry about whether Gee will give them a quality start or not. At this point, they can be all but assured he will give them a chance to win the ballgame.
New York has the day off before they travel from one Native American-themed mascot to the other as they hit Cleveland to take on the Indians.