Team record, Games 101-109: 3-6
Second half of Nationals Series, July 27-28: 0-2
Marlins Series, July 29-August 1: 2-2
Royals Series, August 2-4: 1-2
The Good Stuff:
- Zack Wheeler was quite effective in two starts, taking a no-hitter into the 7th against the Marlins and taking the loss against the Royals after his defense failed him.
- Matt Harvey was his usual self, and the Mets' offense was their normal ineffective selves during his start.
- Eric Young had his first walk-off home run, a two-run shot in the bottom of the 11th Friday night against Kansas City.
- Pedro Feliciano made a triumphant return to the big leagues, making two scoreless appearances on Friday and Saturday.
- See injuries to David Wright, Bobby Parnell, and Josh Edgin.
The Mets played .500 ball out of the All-Star Break, but with the fall of their Captain I don't expect that will happen while he's out for 3-5 weeks. Now the team will have to struggle to avoid being leapfrogged by the Marlins, a team that has owned them all season.
Magic from Disney and Hogwarts didn't work. At this point the Mets need a Doctor...think Peter Capaldi has some free time in his schedule?