The Good Stuff:
- In a game filled with offense, these New Yorkers stood out in the box score:
- Eric Young (3-5, 3B, 2 R, 3 RBI)
- Daniel Murphy (4-5, 2 2B, R, SB, 2 RBI)
- Andrew Brown (2-5, SB, HR, 2 RBI)
- Anthony Recker (1-2, 2 BB, HR, 3 R, 2 RBI)
- Carlos Torres, supplied with ample run support (five Harvey Days' worth), earned the win with 6.2 innings of one-run, four hit ball, walking none and striking out six on 95 pitches.
- Matt den Dekker made his much-delayed major league debut to the tune of a run, stolen base, and four putouts in center field.
- How about the obvious: this would have been Matt Harvey's next start. Ouch.
- Lucas Duda struck out twice in his first start since the beginning of the summer.
I don't really know how to explain this...so let's just leave it at a fun anomaly of an afternoon. Carry on.