The Cardinals jumped on Dillon Gee early and would not get off, as the Mets dropped another in St. Louis, 10-4.
The Bad Stuff:
- Most of it, but specifically:
- Dillon Gee gave up six runs (five earned) in four innings; his ERA is now a paltry 6.13.
- Robert Carson gave up four more runs in two innings, including a three-run shot to Carlos Beltran in the 5th.
- New York only managed six hits off STL starter John Gast in his major-league debut and didn't get any off the Redbird bullpen.
- Daniel Murphy had two more hits and a run to get his average up to .279.
- Marlon Byrd socked a two-run homer in the 6th to go along with a double earlier off Gast.
- Brandon Lyon and Greg Burke (he's back up?) kept the Cardinals from getting too far into double digits in the 7th and 8th.
Welp...we just don't have enough good players. But tomorrow is another day; we could win tomorrow.
What else do you want me to say? I refuse to subscribe to the vitriol.