Tuesday, June 5, 2012

When Irish Eyes are Smiling

The Mets start a long road trip tomorrow night in Washington, and I am about to embark on a long journey of my own. On Wednesday morning I board an airplane in Chicago that will take me all the way to Dublin, Ireland. I shall be there for the next six and a half weeks on a study abroad program in the city.

While this is a very exciting time in my life, unfortunately it will take me away from another passion of mine: this team and this blog. The time difference between the Eastern time zone and Dublin is about 5 hours, meaning it will be just about impossible for me to write nightly game recaps.

Fortunately this is not the only site you keep up-to-date on the New York Mets with, and if it is...you need to go back to Internet school and find the hundreds more, buddy! I will do my best, however, to post at least a weekly update to bring light to the highs and lows of what's going on in Flushing.

So long for now, and remember: "When Irish eyes are smiling, sure, they steal your heart away." But when Amazin' eyes are smiling, they'll steal it right back.

See you around July 21.

WD

No comments:

Post a Comment