Thursday, May 10, 2012

Come On Up For The Rising (Apple)

The Mets are off tonight, resting and relaxing in South Beach as they prepare for a weekend bout with the Miami Marlins. But while the team may have the day off, the blogosphere does not. And with another day comes a major announcement from this blogger:

Yesterday I was officially named a new staff writer on Rising Apple, a New York Mets blog and part of the FanSided sports blogging community. My first post went online early this morning; you can find the link at the end of this post. This is quite an exciting, exhilarating time for me. I'm very grateful for this opportunity to write for a more extended community of Mets fans and sports enthusiasts.

You may be thinking at this point, I've seen this post before: it means *this* blog is done for, right? Not so much, Random Italic Questioner. I will continue to write Midwestern Met in addition to providing my say on Rising Apple. You will still receive "Amazin' Analysis from 760 Miles Away" at this web site, which will now include links to my pieces at RA.

Here are a few important links:
risingapple.com - the hub of the site I'll be writing for
risingapple.com/author/midwesternmet/ - this is my personal page on RA, where you'll find my bio and any pieces I've written
risingapple.com/2012/05/10/a-bug-for-all-seasons/ - this is my first piece for RA, "A Bug for All Seasons," about the various injuries that have befallen the Mets since they moved to Citi Field.

That should do it for now. Enjoy the off day, and let's make it 6 in a row tomorrow!

Will DeBoer
(MM)

No comments:

Post a Comment